Our Fall 2013 training schedule will take place starting September 9, 2013. The training sessions take place on Mondays and Tuesdays from Sept. 9th through October 1st (8 days total, 32 hours cumulative). There will be an Information Session prior to the training on Wednesday, September 4th from 11 am – 1 pm.
If you are interested in joining the RE-SEED program call Daniel Sullivan at 617-373-3382 or email email@example.com. You can register for the Training using the survey provided below.
- RE-SEED Info Session – Program Overview
- The role of the volunteer
- Working in the Classroom
- We are Teaching, but are they Learning – Research Findings on How People Learn (Christos’ ppt)
- An Introduction to Inquiry – RE-SEED Training Handout
- Inquiry-Based Learning: An NSF Publication
- Learning Science Through Inquiry: Annenberg Learner
- Inquiry Workshop
- Simple Machines - Lesson on simple machines and friction and Simple Machines Presentation
- Towns and Schools with Previous Volunteers
- BPS School Curriculum Website
- RE-SEED Volunteer-Developed Labs and Activities
- Frameworks and Standards: K-12 Science Ed Frameworks and Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and MA State Frameworks
- Understanding Science (UC Berkeley)
- Pendulum Training
- Build It (Engineering Drawings)
- Density of Solids Lab Activity
- Blank RE-SEED MOU Document
- Physics Education Teaching Project (PHET) - http://phet.colorado.edu
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey , the world’s leading questionnaire tool.